Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Appeal from South Africa

Good day, I am a man who is full of regret.I had sex with a ( black ) woman from Midrand and ended up very sick two and a half weeks after.I contracted genital warts..and believe i miss used a condom.I also have a cotton white fluff appearence on the surface of my tongue which drs have failed to heal.I tested at 3 months using Lancet laboratories 4th generation hiv 1 & 2 and tested negative.

After speaking to a nurse from a government clinic , i was advised to test every 6 months for a potential 10 years?
She claims that the window period could be anything from 3 weeks to 10 years_meaning it could take 10 years to develope antibodies????? I am completely overwhelmed by this_ does hiv modify itself in certain population groups? and my symptoms on wikipedia point to hiv infection in the earliest stages (white tongue).Please tell me the facts, i am prepared for the truth however ugly it is...and i fully blame myself for my actions.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1563685 tn?1310402354
My opinion is, the nurse either lied or did not have sufficient/appropriate knowledge about HIV transmission. At 3 months after the intercourse, the test would be close to 100% correct.
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
10 yrs?   what a crock of sh*t ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

your test PROVES that you dont have hiv.  further testing is not needed.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community

Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?
Can you get HIV from casual contact, like hugging?
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.