Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

Barber Shop

I recently moved to Indonesia for work and went to get my hair cut.  At the end of the cut the barber straight razored the back of my neck.  As he did this he also cut open his hand.  I didnt find this out until I came home and found a 2 cm wide circle of blood on the top of my t-shirt.  I believe he also may have bled on my neck where he was shaving.  If the barber is infected, would it be possible for me to be contaminated?  I do not believe that he cut my neck.
3 Responses
You were never at risk. HIV is not transmitted in that manner.

LIZZIE LOU,Teak i need ur help pls help me.

Yesterday i was getting a haircut and shave in a barber shop & the barber use new blade, but my question is barber hands touched my lips shaving time.

1. How much is my risk to get a hiv from this exposure?
2. If i have no risk , so can i know y bcoz there was a hiv blood on barber hand  and touch my lips?
None. HIV is not transmitted in that manner.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.