HIV Prevention Community

Blood guitar string

This evening a relative used my guitar right before me. My guitar strings press extremely hard into the skin and I think I may have some tiny cuts on my fingers(still hurt hours later) and I suspect that my relative may have done the same. If he has HIV wouldn't this warrant Post exposure prophylaxis?
I don't think you need to press the guitar string so hard onto the frets to the extent that can cause cuts on your fingertips. Anyways to answer your question. Any blood left by your relative on the strings would have been exposed to the air and any virus in it would have been deactivated. You didn't have a risk and don't need to test. You certainly don't need PEP.