HIV Prevention Community

Can HIV be Picked up in Plasma?

The guy that I did stuff with claims to be a repeat Plasma Donor. He hasnt been back in 2 months reason being he has a job now. I was wondering if they would pick up HIV. Also he went to CSl Plasma which does NAT/PCR test on all Plasma donations. I asked him he was ever notified of anything unusual and he said he wasnt. So my question is would they contact him if he did have HIV?
Yes,they would contact him if he was Hiv+.
So would they be able to detect HIV in the Plasma Donation? If i understand it Plasma is what carries the Blood cells. So if there was any infection there would be Antibodies in it am i correct?
Yes,they would be able to detect small particles of the virus.That's what the NAT test does.It is used to screen donations and can detect early infection.
Well I did try and see if he was Banned they need his Social Security Number. Which i do not have. I sound nuts probably but if you were in my shoes you probably be doing the same.
I would just rely on my test results and not worry about anyone elses.
Well its a good idea to know if they do have HIV before you go unless you want to have the **** shocked out of you. I rather test knowing my status. Then not knowing. Hence me going back with this person and asking him questions regarding his HIV status. He claims to be HIV Negative. I just hope hes telling me the truth.
Yes, he would be notified if his test was + as a result of the donation.

I'm unclear as to what you are trying to do with his SS#?  What kind of info are you trying to obatin?

From all of your posts and questions...I would strongly recommend some professional counselling.  This has become an obsession to you.
I hear what you're saying but unless you see his results on paper are you really going to believe what he tells you.I think your results are what counts.
Your totally correct about that. You cant really trust anyone.