HIV Prevention Community

Can I move on?

I am a 26 yr. old female living in a rural part of ohio. I had unprotected sex 2 times with a man a lot older than me who claims to be free of all stds. Well I got dumped to say the least I had an oral hiv test (not sure what generation or anything like that) 72 days (10 weeks 2days) after we were last intamate together it was negative I also had a pap the same day as the hiv test it came back fine as well. What are the thoughts on 10 week testing? Any advice/opinions are highly welcomed. I just want to move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Move on.  It is unheard of to test positive after 10 weeks.  You're HIV negative.
Thanks sooo much you have made me feel a lot better. I just get really nervous I just lost faith in myself for a little while b/c of this guy I feel really stupid & guilty and I think that I covinced myself I had something std related subconsciously. thank-you!
You are welcome!
I did not say you were STD-free, I said you were HIV-free.  You may still want to check for gon/chlamydia...
Anyway, no reason for you to feel guilty.  We all make mistakes when it comes to relationships.  Just try not to make any really big mistakes.
How do I test for Gon/chlamydia? Do those have syptoms? It has now been 4 mos. scince I have talked to this guy let alone been with him sexualy. also what about syhpillis? any info on that? I had afreind who had chlamydia and she had symptoms. I have had no syptoms but I realize that does
not mean much.
Also my pap test came back clean would anything like that show up on that? They also tested my urine the same day as the pap for any infetion it was clean too. I don't know if that matters.
I just watched the 20 min video that is interesting. I am getting for educated on hiv everyday and now i am just more and more interested by it I guess out of my own fear but the more I learn the less I fear. Bty what is your take on the window period for hiv apex11? What is your take on hiv in the hetrosexual comuninity?
G/C test is a urine test.  Chlamydia causes symptoms in women, but not always.  Chances are that you don't have it, so don't worry too much.

I watched that 20 minute clip too by the way.  It is junk from start to finish.  I don't know why people like junk so much, something about those conspiracy theories is too appealing... Apex11 is just a spammer here, I'll report him to MedHelp, I think.
Yea I know sometimes I think hiv is mostly hype!!! The hiv counseler told me that 61 people in my county had hiv when I checked that on the internet it was 38 I just don't know sometimes who to beleive opinions are like ***holes everyone has one lol. I just seen where they followed the couples for six years wowza thtas interesting. I was referring to hiv testing and the window period? What is your take on that. This vidoe is crazy seek the truth and you shall find it. I have freind who is absolutly convinced they have a cure for hiv/aids but they would lose money by releasing it. I dont know about that but the idea that hiv does not cause aids makes some sense. I was also told by the hiv cousler that woman are now one of the highest risk groups folloed by iv drug users your opinion on that?
Why would I debate you?  There are NO scientists that debate that HIV causes AIDS anymore.  There were a few clowns 20 years ago - Peter Duesberg among them.  20 years ago some of what they were saying made some sense (very little).  But today, with all the proven evidence out there and accepted universally, only a moron can doubt that HIV causes AIDS.  
I beleive hiv can cause aids but look at all the people who have had hiv for years. Look at magic johnson. What about those people? Why do they not get aids?
Another thought how many syptoms that hiv+ people experience are from the actual hiv or the hiv medications?
Magic Johnson has been on medication for years, that's why he is alive.  People were dropping like flies before medications were developed.  Surely you've heard of Freddy Mercury?  Arthur Ashe?  Isaac Asimov?  Eazy-E?

Some people can deal with HIV better than others, same as with any other infection.  But up to 99% of people with HIV get AIDS sooner or later, unless they take medications.
Medications are generally NOT given to people, unless they are already ill from HIV.  Currently medications are recommended to people only when their CD4 levels drop to below 350.  It's not like people are forced to take meds as soon as they test positive, that's a misconception.
what is your opinion on the hiv hype? What do you think about the hiv cousler telling me woman hiv cases are on the rise and iv drug users are second to woman now? Just curious
I don't know what's up in your county, but your counselor probably does.

There is some HIV hype, it is not an easy virus to acquire, but people do get it.  A million of americans have it.  Yes, it's mostly homosexuals and drug users, but straight people can get it too, especially women.  Have you seen "Brokeback mountain"?  That's how women get it.  You should be aware of that.
If your primary blame for onset AIDS in an individual is the drug therapy than how can you explain the epidemic in Africa where millions die a year mostly due to the fact that they do not have access to modern medicine to help the onset from HIV to AIDS????  Check out this link and tell me that HIV is not a problem, http://www.prcdc.org/summaries/aidsinafrica/aidsinafrica.html
Mycoplasma is curable like you said! It is a bacteria! Bacterial infections can be cured 99.9999% of the time. Your theory/movie on hiv is bogus. So after reading what you are saying, I have a question. Since HIV/AIDS isn't the cause of death and it is this mycoplasma, would you let a doctor inject you with a vial of blood with known HIV infection and not worry about it now? I don't think you would because you know it will eventually kill you. Quit being an idiot!
Who cares if chimps don't die from it, i saw the special on national geographic involving the chimps. Thats like saying cats die from feline aids but it doesn't affect humans. same thing as chimps not being affect from aids but humans are. we are all different. One proven fact is (hiv causes aids and aids will cause death by weakening your immune system to allow other attacks on the body such as simple pneumonia and or rapid spread of cancer.
There are some truth to the video apex11 shown us...

but HIV indeed caused AIDS..because ALL AIDS patients r HIV positive...

anyway...all the facts that "HIV cant cause AIDS" is quite true... it only means 1 thing...i dunno how many of u believe in GOD...but i think GOD has started to show us that not all thing can b explained by human logic (science)...

that's y AIDS is present, it contradict with all the knowledge we know bout virus...
This is all bull.  While chimps do not get AIDS from SIV, macaques do get AIDS from SIV.  There is no doubt whatsoever in anyone's mind anymore that HIV causes AIDS, it has been proven in every possible way.  That video is some of the dumbest piece of junk that I have ever seen, it's targeted to the morons (or at least to the uneducated and gullible).  It's sad that there always is an audience for such garbage.  Even the 9-11 conspiracy videos are better than this.
That first "proof" in the video would be simply hilarious, if so many folks didn't actually buy it.  "A positive antibody test demonstrates immunity to HIV"???  What about a positive antibody test to Hepatitis C, what does that demonstrate?  A positive antibody test for herpes?  Syphilis?  How stupid do you have to be to believe such garbage???  Duesberg is simply in la-la land.  I can't believe he has not been fired for this.  It is OK to have an opinion, but a moron should not be a university professor!  UC-Berkeley is not a bad institution, this guy should not be there - although that school has a bit of a "wacko" reputation as it is.
Chimps are a natural host of SIV and an original source of HIV.  They have lived with this virus probably for centuries, maybe thousands of years.  They have evolved to deal with it, they don't get AIDS from it.  We humans have only faced HIV for a few decades.  Humans and HIV have not found a way yet to be compatible with each other, let's put it this way.
Of course SIV occurs in chimpanzees in the wild, you're simply nuts.  And you can't give mice HIV even if you tried, HIV is called HIV for a reason - HUMAN Immunodeficiency Virus.  It only infects humans and nothing else.  The only way to infect mice is if you inject them with human lymphocytes.  There are however analogs of HIV ("cousins") in other animal species - SIV, FIV, EIAV.  But not in mice - unfortunately.

You are confused.  I really suggest that you at least take a basic biology or medicine course before you start trying to wrap your little brain around a complex subject like HIV.  Garbage you find on the internet is not a reliable source of medical information.
We already have a final answer: HIV causes AIDS.  Everybody with AIDS has HIV.  Everybody with HIV eventually gets AIDS.  Nobody gets AIDS without HIV.  End of story.  

People were dying from HIV/AIDS long before AZT was used.  By the way, your whole argument is outdated: AZT isn't even used much anymore, precisely because it is so toxic.  Like I told you already, this whole "debate" happened almost 20 years ago.  Back then, it was stupid, but at least there was a slight shade of a hint of a doubt.  Today there is no more doubt for anyone, you are behind the times.  I actually wonder if even that clown Duesberg says anything at this point.

None of the "SIV stuff" is dubious at all - well to you maybe it is, because you don't know the basics of biology.  SIV infects many monkey species.  It has a severe effect in some species, but not in others.  Is it interesting?  Yes, and many people are studying this phenomenon.  Is it dubious?  No.  Almost every disease has different manifestation in different individuals, let alone different species.  One person is bedridden with the flu for a week, another with the same flu has only a mild sore throat for a few days.  Does this mean that flu virus doesn't exist?  Give me a break.

You are one person that might actually benefit from speaking with Teak, who frequents this forum.  He has HIV and has had it for 20+ years, and managed to stay off HIV medication completely for 20 years - until eventually he developed AIDS, opportunistic infections, the whole nine yards.  You can bet he is taking those drugs now (as toxic as they are) - they saved his life.