HIV Prevention Community

Can hiv symptoms occur 2 months after possible exposure

Please help. So I took an oraquick at 8 weeks after possible exposure and it was negative. Then, a day later a canker sore came out of no where I have never had a canker sore along with swollen lymph nodes in next and a slight sore throat please help!! Would I need to test again? And how often does results change from a negative to a positive after 9 weeks
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your eight week test was highly reassuring and very highly unlikely to change otherwise, but not conclusive for the assessment after a real risk situation. What was your risk.
It was with my ex like 30 seconds of unprotected penetration don’t have anything o actually prove he is infected just anxious. So should I retest since I have a canker sore in my mouth. Weird things have just been happening ? Could it be my anxiety?
So you think my 8 weeks test is conclusive?
No.  Oraquick isn't conclusive until 12 weeks post-exposure.  However, it is highly unlikely to change.  If you go to a clinic and get a 4th generation test, it will be conclusive any time now and hereafter.
Thank you I appreciate it
", just wait 4 weeks more until 12 weeks, and go test yourself with DUO TEST ,"
No, in 4 more weeks she can use any test for a conclusive result.
But my results will probably be negative right?
Took an oraquick at 10 weeks it came back negative. But, does are symptoms happen after 8 weeks does anyone know
It was purposeless to take that test early.
Hello everyone I just want to tell y’all that my insti rapid test was negative!!!! Despite all the symptoms
Symptoms are not used to diagnose HIV as only tests are used.  The fact that this happened with your EX (a known person who most certainly does not have HIV---  or at least it is highly unlikely) and a one time occurrence which is low risk, you should expect negative on any test you take.  12 weeks is the appropriate time to take an oraquick test.
Thank you Guitarrox, i feel a little better!!