Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

Can saliva transmit HIV

I was talking to a man who is HIV + and he splattered as he talked onto my face.What are the odds that I am infetcetd. I am waiting for the results!
12 Responses
186166 tn?1385262982
zero
That is my opinion as well, but lets wait for test results
You're wasting time and money testing use your money wisely and get some professional help for your unfounded phobias.
I am freaking out, because I am thinking if there was blood in his saliva, and thing that makes me relaxed is that HIV cannot survive outside the body
Then quit thinking because your thoughts are unfounded. You had no risk so move along.
Okay .... I will follow your advice....Hoping that saliva does not transmit HIV , Hepatitis B and C and I will have test result as a proof
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.