HIV Prevention Community

Can someone help me ***** my risk?

Hello, everyone! Thanks for taking the time to entertain my post. I hope someone would help me assess my risk. I am a 24-year-old bisexual man and have had sexual encounters with both men and women. However, with men, I only limit my encounters to mutual masturbation or at most, oral sex. The only time I've had anal intercourse with men was with a man I have been dating for a year and I always ask him to wear protection when we do it. When I have been with women, I always wear protection as well. By the way, I am a healthcare professional which is why i'm always cautious when it comes to sexual encounters. However, I am not an expert on HIV (despite knowing a few basic facts about the disease, diagnosis, time frame of disease and transmission). So, here's my situation. I have had a sexual encounter with another man last Sunday (February 26, 2017). This encounter was casual and the only things we did were:

1.) Oral sex (i am the insertive partner; he gave me oral sex) WITH PROTECTION
2.) He also stimulated my nipples with his tongue. There was gentle biting but I didn't notice any blood from his mouth nor did I notice cuts on my nipples.
3.) He also tried to put a finger inside my anus but I told him it felt uncomfortable for me so he only stimulated the outside with his finger. This was a bit rough.
4.) There was also rubbing of our penises together and he was stimulating the head of my penis with his finger (playing with the pre-seminal fluid coming out of the urethra)
5.) Kissing, although not as deep as french kissing but also not as shallow as social kissing

So many of you may say that there was no risk or very minimal risk at all but after about 2 days, I felt ill. At first, I got a very bad cold (a bit runny and my sinuses were congested) then I developed cough with no phlegm for at least the first few days; right now, I can feel that there is phlegm but this might be due to the cold) and yesterday, I felt like I had a flu. I felt tired, my body felt heavy and my head felt light, although I felt better after a good night's sleep. I also tried to feel my lymph nodes on the neck but I don't think they're swollen because i tried to feel my brother's neck and it felt quite the same. I also did not develop any rash on my body.

My questions are:
1.) Could this be ARS? or could it probably be very bad coincidence?
2.) Do you think this warrants testing at the 3-month mark?
3.) Should I get a CBC to see if this is a bacterial or viral infection? I'm afraid that if it turns out to be viral, it might be ARS

thanks a lot to everyone

Good news, you have zero risk for HIV.

You can't get HIV if you used a latex condom during vaginal or anal.
HIV is inactivated in saliva and air which means it can't infect from oral which includes kissing. So those are 2 reasons you had zero risk. Double zero risk.
No one in 40 years of history got HIV from oral.  Even with blood, lactation cuts, rashes, burns etc saliva and air do not allow inactivated virus to infect, so you had zero risk.

You know there are many reasons for a rash so no need to focus on that now that you know you don't have HIV.
Thank you so much for your input. I just really got nervous after falling ill a few days after the encounter. I guess this was just a really bad coincidence
Lots of people get ill the day after sex and don't have HIV. You probably caught your flu from him or any of the hundred people you had contact with, any of whom could have coughed on a doorknob before you touched it.

Since you had zero risk, it is an unrelated event rather than a coincidence.
Why there is in some place saying that there was some people infected by oral sex in history? even a little, but there was some.

Why is there this controversial?