Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.8k Members

Can the rashes be HIV caused

I had a risky encounter 1 year back. I have reasons to believe that the girl is promiscuous. I got an HIV test 7 weeks later which was negative. I did not get any fever for 3 months after the incident. (I did have a mild sore throat  but maybe I noticed it because I was hyper sensitive about my body during this period). I got cold and mild fever 3 months after the incident which subsided after taking an over-the-counter drug. I had another HIV test 8 months after the incident which was also negative.
Now one year later, I am seeing some rashes on my body - most of them are itchy but a few non itchy and they are mostly on thighs, on my hand between shoulder and elbow and a few on my trunk. I will go for another test now but can somebody tell me if it may be HIV symptoms.
Note that I have a very slim body (52 kgs for 5'9'' height) and one doctor told me that I may be having a weak immune system.
Also, does someone have a picture as to what an HIV rash looks like?
1 Responses
Hey there, Im just going to tell you the going on your FACTS!
ARS symptoms happen 2-6 week post infecton! HIV tests are conclusive 3 months after possible infection! you had an HIV test 8 MONTHS after possible exposure! therefore you are NEGATIVE!!! TIME TO MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE! these other problems that you are having are NOT HIV related!!!
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.