Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.5k Members

Chlamydia and HIV

I'm 31 years old, I had sex with a girl 27.
We had a night with sex, initially sex with condom, but during the intercourse of last time she removed the condom e and we finished without..
After that night, talking with her, I figured out she is a sex workers, but she doesn't want to tell.
10 days after (yesterday) I felt some weird symptom on my penis so I ran to check myself for STD.
And yes, she infected me something, the doctor told me is not gonorrea but something like chlamydia.
He prescribed a one-time dose of medicine to cure that (that I just took).
I informed the girl about this and asked to go to do STD and HIV test but she doesn't answer anymore, and this make me really scared.
I know it needs more than 10 days to do a valid HIV test, now my hard question....  How many possibilities there are I'm infected also with HIV if she has it?

This story is making me crazy
2 Responses
1508374 tn?1380808510
Hello,
Unprotected penetration poses a risk of HIV transmission. A 4th generation test is accurate 28 days post exposure and a simple test 3 months post exposure. Don't think about the possibilities. Keep calm and wait for the right time to get tested.
1508374 tn?1380808510
Hello,
Unprotected penetration poses a risk of HIV transmission. A 4th generation test is accurate 28 days post exposure and a simple test 3 months post exposure. Don't think about the possibilities. Keep calm and wait for the right time to get tested.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.