HIV Prevention Community

Cold Symptoms - ARS?

I recently had anal sex in which the condom broke and I did not discover this until after the fact.  About 2 weeks after this happened, I came down with what seemed to be a very nasty cold that started with the usual tickle in my throat.  My symptoms were a runny nose, persistent cough with a phlegmy feeling in my throat, bad headache, a fever of about 100 for a day or so, and swollen and slightly sore lymph nodes in my neck.  No sore throat, no major muscle aches, basically nothing so bad that I was stuck in bed because I was so sick.  Although I have no evidence that the person I had sex with has HIV, I am still pretty worried that my symptoms might indicate ARS.  Do these symptoms sound like ARS?  How severe is ARS usually?
No.. Symptoms will never tell you anything about your status. You had a risk and should be tested not only for HIV but other STDs aswell. You can obtain a conclusive HIV test three months post exposure.