Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

Concerned with invisible symptoms

About 12 weeks ago from now, I'm male - and while I had been recovering from a cold for a week - I had an experience with a female sex worker. Had condom-lubricant protected oral with her putting her condom on me. Then had protected vaginal sex with the condom. After that, I'm fairly certain the condom did not break, slid it off and wet wipes were used. She provided me with my own. I didn't *** but she said did. After all that, I didn't feel quite right - like itchiness & sore throat for the day after. Felt some odd burning sensation and felt like I had 3 singular dot on my right leg. Felt itchy so I used calamine which helped, same for other leg/thigh. Had a teensy tiny cut that appeared on my lip from morning and disappeared in afternoon. Felt irritation here and there over time. Also had a month-long cough which went away now.

9 weeks earlier - I visited the doc / explained my situation - requested blood tests. 2 weeks after - Got tested for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis and HIV serology. Then 3 weeks later, got actual results back and tested Negative for all, as it was explained 'Blood work all normal'. Admittedly, had been worried about both either herpes or HIV - as I also had a one strange under-skin lump under chin - it feels it has gotten smaller with time.

Even though I tested negative - I still continue to feel strange random sudden sharp pain/aches over body; which bothers me even when I don't think about it. Like neck, collar-bone, shoulder and legs. I had sore left wrist but that soreness went away. I feel somewhat a burning sensation in my left thigh right now as I'm laying down on my bed. It's like my muscle mildly feels like it's on fire. No idea how to explain this short pain. Most of it is feels like stabbing pain, and muscles on fire.

Groin area has been fine, good. No painful urination, not one single episode. I just feel pain come and go all over me right now.

1) Do I fit within the low-risk category? How low risk?

2) Is it possible to have a false negative on blood-test? How accurate is test for HIV?

3) Is the culprit most likely to be from anxiety and stress? Because no matter how hard I keep convincing myself 'I feel fine' - I can feel the pain, along with possible light sensitivity - not sure.

4) I'm considering another test at a later date just to be sure. Does it got to be exactly at 3 months? From time of sex act or from after the date and time of blood test?

5) Any recommendations to help alleviate the strange, sudden and stabbing general body pain? I use rubbing lotion to help with that.
1 Responses
12088148 tn?1442313509
Protected oral and vaginal sex means no risk.no clear on "you didnt *** and she said did"

1.protected vaginal no risk plus protected oral sex means extra no risk.

2.Yes if you have high risk.
3.maybe better go to expert.but the more you stress the more 'symptoms' will appear
4.You can retest 3 month after the act
5.Ask the doctor.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.