Condom Slipped Off(Very Worried)

I was a bottom with a transexual csw for a few minutes. She wore a condom but when we were done the condom was hanging out of my anus. I believe it fell out when she exited my anus but I am not sure. She said she always wears condoms. She did not ejaculate. I do not know of her HIV status. What is my risk with this one exposure? Thank you in advance for answering.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You can't get hiv if you use a condom, so if she told the truth she is negative. It seems the condom fell off when she pulled out and her penis was always inside it while penetrating you (so you wouldn't be exposed since hiv is instantly dead in air), but only you can figure that out. Did she think the penis was always in the condom until it hit the air?
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your reply. It has been 13 days seen the incident. I now have noticed an increase in urine flow? This is the only new symptom that I have. I foolishly started on PEP on day 5. Would the PEP have any benefit and is the increased urination a sign of HIV or the PEP? Sorry about all of the questions. Thank you in advance for your help. What is the earliest I can test for HIV?
hiv doctors are unable to diagnose from symptoms so no one here pays attention to them either. You should also not try to identify if your urine flow (or any other self diagnosed symptom) has anything to do with hiv since it will be a waste of time, and can ONLY increase your anxiety as you find out and realize that it can't prove anything.
There is a reason you are told to start it within 72 hours - that is what the FDA approved it for after their review. I would stop taking it immediately since there are potential side effects and no known benefit to taking it late.
You didn't answer my questions, so please update. I'm not sure you had any risk so providing further details might be useful.
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your insight and reply. To your earlier question do I think the penis was always in the condom until it hit the air? I am assuming her/his penis was in the condom until it was released from my anus. I cannot be sure. The condom was hanging from my anus when she/he was done. This uncertainty is one of my problems.
1 Was all of the opening of the condom outside your anus? If so, the penis was always covered when it was inside your anus providing she did not penetrate after losing the condom- which it seems did not happen, so you would be safe.
2 If the condom was stuck in your anus, then the opening would be hanging outside so was all of the opening outside you.  
3 Can you contact the other person?
Helpful - 0
I wish I had better answers to your questions.

1. When I pulled the condom out of my anus I did not inspect or expect it. Unfortunately!
2. She did not ejaculate in the condom and it did not break. That much I asked.
3. I cannot contact the person.
Now that I think it through better. The condom was flopping or hanging from my anus. Any thoughts to the risk on this? Thanks again.
If all of the end with the ring on it was outside the anus then the penis came out of it outside too. How much of it was sticking out? If the whole end with the ring on it was outside before you even tried to take it out then you know you are safe, You say it was hanging and flapping, so that sounds like the ring was outside.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Most condom slippages during withdrawal happens due to incorrect handling. The tip has to be help during withdrawal.

That being said, it is obvious to assume, you were protected through out the act and therefore testing might not be necessary.

It won't be a bad idea to just get a IV Generation HIV test at 28 days from the date of your last PEP dosage, this is purely advised since you engage in anal intercourse and you are sexually active. Not only this will get you a routine check but would also bring you your own peace of mind.

There is no point in talking about symptoms since they are never used for diagnosis of HIV. Also, your symptoms don't seem to be specific to HIV ARS.

I strongly feel you are fine but you do suffer from some anxiety, if you have underlying issues that contribute to your anxiousness, a seating with a therapist can resolve a lot of it for you.

We wish you good luck.

Helpful - 0
Thank you and for everyone on MedHelp. You have been a big help during my period of worry. I tested at day 26, 40 and 93. All negative. A few minutes of risky choice pleasure is sure not worth the anxiety and potential life altering consequences.  
COMMUNITY LEADER
Correction: Most condom slippages during withdrawal happens due to incorrect handling. The "ring" has to be help during withdrawal.
Helpful - 0
Thank you very much for your response. I will be taking your advice. I am counting the days to get tested and have some peace of mind. Much appreciated to yourself and the other poster AnxiousNoMore. You have helped immensely.
How much of it was sticking out? If the whole end with the ring on it was outside before you even tried to take it out then you know you are safe, You say it was hanging and flapping, so that sounds like the ring was outside.
Helpful - 0
From this one exposure are STD's possible or likely from this few minute episode? If so, I did have sex with my partner one time since this encounter. It was condom protected since the encounter. Oral to vagina was performed though. Are the risks high that I gave her a STD? She is urinating a lot now and going for a urine culture. Thanks again.

To answer your above question a considerable portion was hanging out of the anus.
You definitely had no exposure since he didn't reenter your anus after his penis fell out of the condom because that happened IN THE AIR. You can test but I wouldn't worry about this incident at all for hiv so try to relax and forget it until you get the result. Did you stop taking the PEP?

std forum is here. https://www.medhelp.org/forums/STDs---STIs/show/98
I did not stop taking the PEP. I have 15 or 16 days left on it. Thank you for the link for STD forum. Do you think Chlamydia or Gonorrhea are possible or probable with this encounter?
COMMUNITY LEADER
This forum is specific to HIV prevention. I urge you to seek answers to your questions in context to other STIs in relevant forum.
Helpful - 0
You should stop it. You are wasting your time taking it since you started on day 5. PEP is not some health enhancing type of pill that is making you stronger, and it is unwise to take any medication that you do not need.
How did you even find a doctor to prescribe PEP after 5 days? Did you tell him the true story?
I tested HIV negative at day 26 with a blood draw test. Now at days 37-39 my neck glands have been throbbing under my jaw on both sides. It does not look like my lymph nodes are swollen. I am thinking about going for another HIV test tomorrow day 40 for some more certainty to rule out HIV. Any thoughts? Is pain under the jaw any indictator of HIV on both sides? I have no other symptoms that could be linked to HIV. I hope it is in my head/anxiety issues. Thank you.
You are not following any of the advice so I will just repeat it because it cannot change.
Reread advice about PEP on May 22 and accept the fact that you wasted your time taking it.
Reread about symptoms on May 19.
Reread about testing on May 20.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community