Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Conjunctivits and ARS - Lizzie, Teak, Vance

Hi Everyone.
I had an exposure 3 weeks ago. In the last couple of days now I've had a steady headache and today been diagnosed by a doctor as having Conjunctivits (pink eye). Are these symptoms associated with ARS?? I need some help. I am so so stressed out. I've never had pink eye in my life and now 3 weeks post exposure I have it accompanied by this headache as well. Help, help, help!!
5 Responses
1390055 tn?1365615055
Everyone gets pink eye at least once in their life. Pinkeye is most commonly caused by allergies and cold viruses. Headaches can be a symptom of either one as well. This is pretty normal for any human being, and I wouldn't consider this to be HIV at all.

If it's any help, I personally get pinkeye and headaches a lot, and I am HIV negative.
Thanks for your comments Flow!!
I''ve just never in my life had pink-eye and I was wondering if its associated with ARS??  Do you know if it is??
I'm a little panicked, but feel better after reading your post.
Thanks
186166 tn?1385259382
NO it is not related
Asked the question myself, dr hook and Garcia Gonzalez will tell you that pink eye is inconsistent
1390055 tn?1365615055
Pink eye is just that: pink eye. Our conjunctiva can get inflamed so easily from a variety of things. The seasons are also changing again, and it's that time of year where allergies and other things in your body will flare up. It's normal, and it's not HIV.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community

Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.