HIV Prevention Community

Constant cold / flu are HIV-AIDS symptoms?

Since october-2008 until now (june-30) My wife got 4 cold/flu, no other symptoms. She and I were Influnza vaccined last October. I did not get any cold/flu over the last 2 years.

Constant cold/flu are related to AIDS / VIH?

Thanks in advance.
ARS only lasts a matter of weeks; so what she is experiencing is not the "booty flu" that people get 2-4 weeks after initial HIV infection.  It is possible, however, that she has had HIV for years and now her T-cells are getting low and it is finally taking a toll on her health.  Most likely though, she is just not taking care of her self or is in a situation where she is exposing herself to a lot of viruses and bacteria.  As it seems, there is no real reason for you to expect that she has HIV.  
Colds and flus have NOTHING to do with HIV
Please don't make comments on whether you think someone has or has not been infected with HIV, when it's plainly obvious you have no understanding of the subject.

Roberto; We can't advise you as your question is very generalised and could be caused, simply by the flu. There is a lot of it around at the moment.

However, from what you describe it sounds just that; the flu, which Joggen has stated ISN'T suggestive of ARS, or a late stage OI.

If you and your wife are in a mutually exclusive relationship then HIV isn't really an issue here.
I think I am perfectly able to answer this question and did a fine job doing so.