A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members
1832002 tn?1325546965

Cracked Lips?

Hi there. I asked this to the Doctors but I'm literally dying for some advice asap here so would appreciate if you guys could help me out.

Question was as follows:

have severe cracking at the side of my lips - in fact I woke up this morning with dried blood all over the side of my mouth.

I was at a bar earlier ordering a drink and felt something wet hit the side of my mouth  from the bar man's hand as he handed back my change. It made contact with exactly where all the dried blood was this morning. The bar was in a pretty rough part of town and the bar man looked pretty rough. Anyhow, I thought little of it until I got home and wiped the side of my mouth with tissue paper. To my surprise the cracks were still bleeding [at least I hope the residue was my blood] as I could continually press the paper on the cracks and see marks of fresh blood on them [i've been out and about all day and it's very cold where I live].

If this had been a spec of blood that hit this wound, would I be at risk for transmission of HIV or Hepatitis?

Many, many thanks Community
1 Responses
What you describe is not a mode of transmission for Hiv and there is no need to worry beyond this point.It is not an HCV exposure either.Hiv transmission occurs inside the body not outside it.You're safe.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.