A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.5k Members

Cunnilingus scared of HIV

Hello

Recently I had gone to a massage parlour. I don't know what got into me , she removed the clothes and I fingered her and there was a brief episode of cunnilingus. Now I am really scared whether I have contracted HIV. I understand that it is a low risk activity, but I am freaking out about the small possibility. Also, it happened last week, so I don't think it is the right time to get tested. Please help!
7 Responses
Hello, regarding HIV, oral sex (given or received) is not considered a risky activity, there are no reports of people getting HIV by doing what you did. There is no need to worry or get tested for HIV, however unprotected oral sex might carry a small risk for other STDs, you could ask in the STD Forum if you wish.

About testing, third and fourth gen Elisa tests are among the most common ones nowadays, according to CDC, any HIV test is conclusive if taken 12 weeks after an exposure, but you can take them before that, 3rd gen will give you an excellent indicator about your status around  6 - 8 weeks after exposure and 4th gen 4 - 6 weeks after exposure. But in your case it's not needed.
Before you ask, masturbation is no risk for HIV too.
But basically she was on top of me during the cunnilingus session. Does that make a difference? As in more fluids might have entered my mouth right? Also, what if i had some cut in the my mouth, which i believe i did not. I am basically getting freaked out because of the incident
3191940 tn?1447268717
COMMUNITY LEADER
Nothing you did put you at risk for HIV.  Sexually, the only risk is having unprotected, penetrative anal or vaginal sex.  Cuts are irrelevant.  Unprotected sex is the ONLY risk.
Thank you! I am kind of relieved now. But I am doubtful whether some of her vaginal fluids fell on my penis when she was on top of me. Also,there could be some brushing of our things ...maybe I am just coming up with new things because I'm freaked out! But I'm still scared...
How did it go. Did you make the test.
1 Comments
Convac it would be helpful if you started your own thread instead of reactivating this dead thread with your inaccurate claim. There is no risk so perhaps you should accept that and if you can't then get therapy instead of telling people to waste their time testing.
It is not low risk, it is zero risk. Double zero, since HIV is inactivated in air and also in saliva. Fingering is air contact so no risk.
Don't waste time testing for oral because 40 years of HIV and no one got it from oral.
Only HIV sex risks are unprotected anal or vaginal which you didn't have.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.