HIV Prevention Community

DUO test in Ontario?

Just wondering about the DUO test. Not sure where to get it done here in Ottawa, Canada. Just wondering if anyone might know where I could get the DUO test done? I know 12-13 weeks is conclusive but I am hoping to get a test done at just over 4 weeks. I am still going to do the 12-13 week test for sure but the anxiety and waiting is really affecting me.

Thank you.
You will have to ask your doctor or call your local clinic who will advise you on where to go to have this test.By the way I think that is an excellent method of testing,a DUO at 4 weeks followed by an antibody test at 12 weeks for a 100% conclusive result.Way to go.All the best.
In Ottawa : (English) (613) 563-2437
In Ottawa : (French) (613) 563-7432
Thanks so much. I gave them a call and they didn't seem to know what a DUO test was. Does this mean that they are not offered in Ottawa? Just wondering if anyone knows as I have no idea.

Did you ask for an antigen, antibody combined test?
No I didn't. Is that what I should ask for as they may not know it as a DUO test?

Thanks alot.
Yes