HIV Prevention Community

Do the symptoms of acute HIV all happen at once?

About 5 weeks ago I had unprotected vaginal intercourse with a male of unknown status. He did not "finish" inside of me, however the sex lasted a few minutes. a week and a half ago I came down with a fever of 99.9 for two days, swollen glands in my throat. I had phlegm and stuffy nose the entire time as well. Those symptoms subsided now I have a horrible headache that seems to be switching location. This has been going on for about 4 days. I have no rash, no more fever, no more sore throat. Does this sound like sinus/allergies or can acute HIV symptoms drag on like this? I thought with acute HIV the headache would be at the same time as the fever. Any insight would be appreciated.
It isn't ARS. You won't know your status until you test.
So do the symptoms normally all happen at the same time?
Most people don't even get symptoms. And of those who do they do not happen at 5 weeks.
When do they happen. I have had a low grade fever for about 2 weekd now and still have a headache. The sore throat has been gone for a week
ARS symptoms if one has them come on 2-4 weeks post infection and last from 1-2 weeks. Most people that are infected don't have ARS symptoms.
So I guess mine very well could be considering it was at four weeks after. Unless symptoms normally don't spread out like mine. I can't wait for three months to test!
No symptoms don't spread out. HIV can never be diagnosed by symptoms because HIV has no specific symptoms. Testing is the only way to know your status.
I got tested today, will be able to call for results tomorrow, I am so scared. I know they are going to be positive.
Hope only for the best,no matter what symptoms u have had.
Does this sound high risk?
What concerns me the most is that I was itchy the next day, I'm not sure if that means I had tears or if it was just dry
hey idian
i had the same thing like u ...
bt i didnnt expect any symptoms .. bt the thing is ...i got tested at 4 weeks, hiv ag/ab test
and i asked dr. HHH abt this, my results came back negative and he told me dnt get tested again .. maybe once at 3 mnth n it will probbly be also negative ..
the risk u had is like zero ok..
for the girls one unprotected vaginal intercourse is like 1 in 1000...
soo be happy and knw that it will nt be positive .. it will be negative ok ...
now am in the 9th week, and yes am still freaking out..
i cant sleep, bt the doctor assured me that its irrational fears ...
and abt itchy /...
u cant have symptoms in the first week after exposure ...
soo dnt worry .. and i hope we both be negative at 3 month ..
tc
What are you talking about the original posters had a risk unprotect vaginal sex.
yes this is what am talking abt the unprotected vaginal intercourse ...
I know it was a risk, I think high risk. It was also in northern Florida and Florida has higher rates than most places. I'm so scared to call and get the results.
Almost 3 weeks ago I felt faint and dizzy in the middle of the street. My throat felt as if it was closing up on me and my body was so weak and shaky. I thought it was an allergic reaction to seafood that i had eaten 15 minutes prior to that. The ambulance came and took me to Roosevelt hospital where they did the usual blood pressure and temperature and found it to be normal. I was still feeling sluggish inside so the doctor gave me a benadryl and said it was just food allergies. After this happened, i returned home and the feeling continued with shortness of breathe and a feeling as if someone were choking my throat. Not to mention i had a cough prior to that about 2 weeks ago. so i made an appointment to my doctor the next day. He gave me the usual check up and said it was a bad case of hayfever. He said my nasal passage was swollen as well as my tonsils. He prescribed me two drugs, veramyst(a nasal spray) and singulair(a pill). I have been taking these drugs and still am. That night upon returning from the doctor, the feeling came back and it was hard for me to breathe. My heart was racing (could have been shock or nervousness) my throat was closing. I beeged my mom to take me to the emergency room and this time we went to long island college. They put me in cardiac arrest, ran tests on me, and everything seemed normal. They brought an ENT down to stick a scope through my nose and check my throat. He said it was post nasal drip and that the mucus was spilling into my throat. So i was released from the emergency room and continued to take the medicine i was prescribed. i was feeling better for like 2 weeks until recently. Yesterday, i felt faint and nauseous and wanting to throw up but i couldnt. i took a 2 hr nap and woke up feeling the same way. I used the bathroom and my stool was green but my stomach was making weird noises and still felt funny. i took a few sips of antacid and water and it didnt really help. I went to bed with the same choking feeling in my throat again and minor chest pains. It's like shortness of breath, tight chest, and weird stomach feeling. Today i used the bathrom and my urine was strong, hot, and eally yellow. I also feel weak and have no appetite whats so ever. Can you please tell me whats wrong?? Does this all fall under post nasal drip and severe allergies?? :(

i have also been feeling a weird twitch or something of thats ort in my lower abdomen. I am extremely tired and not very hungry. i went to the doctor today and he asked me was i sexually active.. ..i am. he took blood and is going to run some tests on me. i am extremely scared.
Stop double posting and hijacking other people's threads.
i jus want a response because no1 has responded yet. and im only worried. no need to be mean
Teak, I know you can't give numbers but would you put me in low risk or high risk
I'm so scared I can't sleep
I just found out I can't get my results until 6:45 pm CST. I'm so scared, could someone please give some input?
one single unprotected episode is considered low risk.  the unprotected sex you had did carry a risk albeit a small one. the good news is that most people do not have HIV. The anxiety you have is killing you right now, try to think positive. Take this as a lessoned learned. always use condoms .
Even if he was infected?
I've been where you are now.  It's not fun.  Not long for you to wait.  Had loads of symptoms but I am negative.  Same risk as you.