Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53k Members

Does anyone know whats wrong with me!!!?

Hi everyone...can someone please help...cant get answers from my docs

Im 28 yr old hetero male 5'10" 175 lbs history of symp...timeline and symptoms scared about HIV tested antibody neg 14 times out to 3 years post any exposure

02/06 - unprot 1 nt stand w girl 2 wks later fever, chills, headache, etc 4 days
12/06 - strep like illness - weak pos rapid treated w antib - didnt finish them completely/symp gone in week
10/06 - unprot sex w coworker & protect w new girl
01/07 - Vegas make out w stripper for 2-3 min
01/07 - makeout w girl at bar - protected sex 2 min
02/07 - 18 days later - illness high fever (up to 104 5 days), chills headache sore muscles/joints swollen/painful nodes in neck white stuff on tonsils back of throat, vomit, diarreah - no flu/strep, neg monospot - given levaquin cbc from ER shows high neutro, high monos low lymphs symp gone 2 days after levaq- postviral tingling, numb legs, burn feelings, etc in extrem...gone 2 weeks - no diag of illness - 3 mts later ID doc - pos EBV igg neg igm, pos mycoplasma igg neg igm - doc says possible mycop illness, neg cmv, lyme, west nile
08/07 - similar illness as last fever, etc no ER or antibiotics - sympt gone 5 days
04/08 - diagn w molluscum stomach, genital area - treated/gone
12/08 - diagn w sleep apnea
01/09 - get tonsils, adenoids, uvula out & trim soft palate - sleep better & no sick since  
06/10 - tingling, burning,etc in extremeties - doc says neuropathy - no diabetes, b12 good, cbc normal
08/10 - neg HIV 1/O/2 labcorp, negative rapid test from clinic
08/10 - EMG done - says peripheral nerves are fine and actually better then average person no neuropathy
09/10 - MRI spine and brain - results normal
Current - last 6 months - always tired even after sleep, ankle joints hurt, sometimes sore muscles, tingling, burning, numb - worse at night, bad headaches come and go, sometime feel nauseous, etc - always tired, sore and stiff muscles when i sleep and wake up...i feel like I'm 65 years old!!!

Whats wrong with me? Chronic Fatigue? HIV?? Random virus in 02/07?

Please help!!!
17 Responses
You don't have an HIV concern you have a conclusive result.
But I had/have all the symptoms...how are you so certain???
teak...? anybody???
You have received an expert evaluation.

There are people here who can only dream of having conclusive results, the likes of what you have received.

Conquer your irrational fear & work towards enjoying your (HIV-) life.
But I don't know what else to do...all my symptoms seem to point to HIV...any thoughts?
Not HIV...tests outweigh symptoms.
I just don't understand why some people get upset with m because I believe my neg mono and strep tests but not my HIV tests...well, I'm sure the other tests are more reliable then HIV antibody tests...not to mention HIV is a touch more serious. I mean I had all the symptoms and low lymphocytes when I went to the ER...how is that NOT hiv? I just want to go on with my life...
anyone?
Again tests outweigh symptoms. No those test are not more reliable then HIV antibody tests.
What about my low lymphocyte count when I was sick? I read that was indicative of HIV ARS...am I wrong? I hope...
Doesn't matter, tests outweigh symptoms.
But I mean, how is one supposed to be 100% confident in tests when they display all the symptoms? I mean I'm sure there are some people who just never test positive when indeed they are...again, am I wrong?
You are wrong...everyone tests positive. There have been 2 known cases of someone who didn't test positive and that was because it was a rare strain out of rural Africa, but now the tests can pick up the rare strains.

Because symptoms are non-specific and can be linked to 100 different things. That is why symptoms are thrown out the window.
But I mean how would you feel if you were in my situation? I presented with a mono like illness that wasn't mono, strep or the flu...they didn't have a diagnosis for me and asked me if I'd been exposed to HIV recently...I haven't been able to function since...I can't get HIV off my mind for over 3 years now...
If it was me I would be working with my Dr's knowing this is not HIV but something else because the tests tell me it is something else.
I have been working with my doctors...they can't find anything wrong with me...I did a ton of blood work, mri, emg showed my peripheral nerves were fine...the only things i can think of are that maybe i still have some sleep apnea causing this or it's something like fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue...although my doc doesn't think it's fibro...i don't know what to believe anymore
1339665 tn?1334074369
the Only Problem is your Anxiety .
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.