HIV Prevention Community

Does it look like ARS or Acute HIV Infection?

This is the History of my symptoms till 9th week.

Apologies for this long post but the Symptoms really killing me.

Let me start with some details.
I had exposure of Unprotected Vaginal with a female about 9 weeks ago whom i didn't know and met through one of my cousin.
She lives alone and drinks every night and had multiple sexual partners.

Before having the intercourse she herself told me that she is HIV negative and got tested yesterday which gave me suspicion.

I started feeling worried soon after that day a Tingling sensation on the TIP of my Penis.

After approx after 3 weeks and Early Middle of 4th week -
Tuesday onwards I started having some vertigo like feeling with Dizziness with Heavy Eyes, Warm Forehead and Face and loss of energy from the start of third week.
Checked Fever with Thermometer came to be 97.8 in most of the week.
Had Diarrhea on Saturday of 3rd Weekend - Once on Lunch Time. Body felt Feverish. Checked Temperature with Thermometer once again- 98.1
Had Diarrhea again on Sunday following Day - Once in Lunch Time. Body felt Feverish. Checked Temperature with Thermometer once again- 98.4-99.1
NO RASH or Swollen Glands in this week.
Wondered if that was Acute HIV Symptoms (ARS) which is typically in 2-4 weeks time.

Rest of the 4th Week:
Back to Normal self - all symptoms gone without any explanation.

Star of Week 5:
Started coming down with Dizziness again with Heavy Eyes, Warm Forehead and Face  which stayed there for 3-4 days Checked Fever but again fluctuated  97.4 - 98.1 with no other symptoms. Rest of the 5th week I was fine again BUT noticed some Wetness on my Forehead and Neck for one or 2 mornings when I woke up. Itching still continues sometimes have needlish pain on the Tip of my penis and tingling in Urethra.
Red Pimples/more like Bumps Popped up on Left Shoulder.

Start of Week 6:
Came down with Dizziness with Heavy Eyes, Warm Forehead and Face on and off after every 2-3 days in that week. Checked Fever but again fluctuated 97.2 - 98.9 with Itching on Genitals and Body for most of the days and nights.
Also, noticed some Wetness on my Forehead and Neck for one or 2 mornings when I woke up.
Itching still continues sometimes have needlish pain on the Tip of my penis and tingling in Urethra
Red Pimples/more like Bumps still there.

Start of Week 7:
Had Dizziness for Most of the days again with Heavy Eyes, Warm Forehead and Face  but no other symptoms except noticed some Wetness on my Forehead and Neck for one or 2 mornings when I woke up. Itching still continues sometimes have needlish pain on the Tip of my penis and tingling in Urethra.

Start of Week 8:
Had Dizziness with Heavy Eyes, Warm Forehead and Face for just the weekend Saturday and Sunday
Itching still continues sometimes have needlish pain on the Tip of my penis and tingling in Urethra.
Red Pimples/more like Bumps still there along with couple of new ones on Right Shoulder and chest.

Week 9: Went healthy But Itching still continues sometimes have needlish pain on the Tip of my penis and tingling in Urethra. Red Pimples/more like Bumps still there along with new ones

NO RASH or HIGH FEVERs (low grade fevers) No Swollen Glands during these 9 weeks.

During these sickening Episodes I started googling the symptoms and I came across this website where some ARS (Acute HIV Infection) Symptoms were listed which exactly looked like mine which got me extremely worried.

Are they HIV Symptoms including NIGHT Sweats OR straight fully blown AIDS?

I am worried till grave!!
symptoms mean nothing in judging people's HIV status. because they are totally unspecific .that said,your symptoms are not worrisome for or even suggestive of ARS.
but they really are suggestive of classical anxiety symptoms.diarrhea,dizziness,heavy eyes,warm forehead they are classic symptoms of chronic stress and anxiety.
have a HIV test after 12 weeks.all hiv tests these days include antibody for HIV2.your risk was low and you can expect a NEGATIVE result.
Thanks cna341,

I agree with you that they are not suggestive for ARS/ Acute HIV Infection.
I also understand ARS happens between 2-4 weeks and stays for 1 or 2 weeks.

Also, if it would have been ARS then they would not have been carrying this long (till 8 weeks) BUT vice Versa IF it is anxiety and these symptoms stayed till 8 weeks and still should have continued. BUT after 8 weeks i am feeling normal and healthy again.
Can you please give me some information with this too?

I appreciate in advance!!
Lol stop asking questions about your symptoms and go test Delhi. I just made another neg. Test at 11 wks yesterday and I still have symptoms but I'm starting to believe that it just might not be hiv.  I'm now seeing a doctor for my symptoms.  So when they say symptoms don't  mean anything, u shld believe them and go TEST.
Hi Debonair,

I want to stop asking questions but symptoms are coming on and that doesnot mean that i am coming here for diagnosis.

But just to have re assurance from most of them who were in my boat at some point of time and other experts who have been doing study about the disease.

I really appreciate the good work you guys are doing?

Thanks a lot in advance
As you have been told testing is the ONLY way of knowing your status NOT symptoms. Most all people on this forum have many symptoms and yet had NO RISK or tested NEG

This tells you that symptoms mean NOTHING

Thanks for your encouragement guys,

but the symptoms seem to be gone now after 8 weeks but just curious that unconsistent diarrhea for 2 days and feverish feeling for 4-5 weeks every 3-4 days worries me a bit as its not usually I have been feeling but after the exposure this is all happened. Also, some wetness on head and neck for couple of random mornings in Cold Weather. Isn't it Unusual?