Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.4k Members

Does this sound like ARS? PLease help me

I had unprotected sex, via the condom breaking. I am a gay male and was the insertive partner. I have no idea how long the condom had been broken, but for arguments sake I will say the whole time...

I was dating this person for 2-3 weeks before this incident happened. Afterward, I had extreme anxiety and insisted we both get tested. About 4 days after the incident (3 weeks after monogamy) we both tested negative on a p24 blood test, however I know three months is the incubation period and I don't know his full history. About three weeks after the exposure, yesterday, I had a horrible headache for half the day and now am experiencing pain when I swallow in my tonsils, and a cancer sore on my gum. I dont feel sick other than that but it feels like the beginning of a virus. I just got over a sore throat and cold 5-6 weeks ago (my first time getting sick in years).

I have been going through severe anxiety, stress and OCD and I am in a foreign country where I dont have access to do anything medical except get tested, so managing my anxiety is becoming difficult and I am worried I may have come in contact with the virus that was undetected. Do these symptoms match with ARS and do you think I am at high risk? Thanks.
1 Responses
also i feel tender lymph nodes in groin
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.