Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

Don't Know What To Think

I had sex with a man (protected anal not receiving, unprotected oral w/ no ejaculation, maybe pre-ejaculate) on may 10th. Got tested at 5 weeks, negative. Got tested at 14 weeks, negative again. I'm not sure what's wrong with me though, i've had a swollen lymph node in my neck for nearly 4 months now, that increases and decreases in size until recently. 3 nights ago i started to feel very sick (flu-like symptoms), had a fever, sore throat, the lymph node increased in size and became harder. Woke up the next day to body aches, chills, fatigue and an occasional cough. Went to the clinic and got antibiotics for strep throat, which seem to have done nothing. I'm fairly certain the one thing that's helping my throat pain is tylenol. However, the lymph node has not decreased in size and is still hard.

I read somewhere that these kinds of lymph node issues are related to HIV infection. I have been smoking a lot prior to these events a of couple nights ago, which could cause the inflammation of the lymph node but why did i get a fever/chills/aches? I had sex with a woman a week and a half ago and she got sick after, which is why i'm also scared. For the past 3 months i've had recurring symptoms of HIV such as Neuralgia, diarrhea, swollen lymph node, fatigue, anxiety..
1 Responses
3149845 tn?1506627771
Hi, bottom line is you had no risk for hiv from your affair and testing negative at 14 weeks is proof of this. Maybe see a doctor for a complete check up with blood work. Stress can cause many symptoms and a simple change in your diet could also affect you.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.