HIV Prevention Community

Don't Know What To Think

I had sex with a man (protected anal not receiving, unprotected oral w/ no ejaculation, maybe pre-ejaculate) on may 10th. Got tested at 5 weeks, negative. Got tested at 14 weeks, negative again. I'm not sure what's wrong with me though, i've had a swollen lymph node in my neck for nearly 4 months now, that increases and decreases in size until recently. 3 nights ago i started to feel very sick (flu-like symptoms), had a fever, sore throat, the lymph node increased in size and became harder. Woke up the next day to body aches, chills, fatigue and an occasional cough. Went to the clinic and got antibiotics for strep throat, which seem to have done nothing. I'm fairly certain the one thing that's helping my throat pain is tylenol. However, the lymph node has not decreased in size and is still hard.

I read somewhere that these kinds of lymph node issues are related to HIV infection. I have been smoking a lot prior to these events a of couple nights ago, which could cause the inflammation of the lymph node but why did i get a fever/chills/aches? I had sex with a woman a week and a half ago and she got sick after, which is why i'm also scared. For the past 3 months i've had recurring symptoms of HIV such as Neuralgia, diarrhea, swollen lymph node, fatigue, anxiety..
Hi, bottom line is you had no risk for hiv from your affair and testing negative at 14 weeks is proof of this. Maybe see a doctor for a complete check up with blood work. Stress can cause many symptoms and a simple change in your diet could also affect you.