Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

Dry cough very scared please help

Hello guys I recently had a sexual encounter where I Recieved oral sex followed by vaginal penetration I had on a condom but it broke towards the end.. Six days after this encounter I began having a dry persistent cough with no other symptoms I researched dry cough and found out it is a symptom of HIV I was very alarmed and frighten not long after that I started feeling very fatigue and haviing blurry vision and trouble seeing things clearly also having bad nightmares that jump me out my sleep in panic I also had an irregular heart beat I went to the er where they diagnosed me with bronchitis but I didn't understand why because I do not smoke I workout out regularly most of the symptoms have went away but i still have a dry cough which isn't as bad as it was but still comes and goes its going on 7 weeks still have the cough.. I got a std n HIV test last week and I'm still waiting on results I'm having trouble sleeping through the night and worrying through out the day about having HIV please help
1 Responses
No it is not a symptom of HIV.
A 3 month test will be conclusive.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.