HIV Prevention Community

Encounter with a prostitute

Hello everybody. I am a 35 year old heterosexual male. I had my first encounter with a prostitute this week and I am a little scared. This happened in South America. I had protected oral sex (received with condom on) and vaginal sex (again with condom). I did not perform oral sex on her, nor did I kiss her in the mouth. The contacts with bodily fluid were her saliva in my hand and I also fingered her. She seemed like a pro and did not show concern. She brought the latex condom and put it on myself. We spoke afterwards and seemed to be a very rational, down-to-earth hooker.

I want to point out that I was high on coke as well, but I remember everything perfectly. The condom did not break. In fact she took out herself and checked it. I feel a little freaked out, since this was the first time with a hooker and coke. Some of my friends have slept with prostitutes in the past and tell me that I'm safe, that I did everything correctly and should not worry.

I did not do any HIV tests yet since it's only been a couple of days. I'm just feeling alone in this concern and wanted to reach out. Thanks in advance.
You never had an HIV risk therefore no testing is required.
Saliva is not infectious. You never had an exposure.
Thanks Teak and RainLover71! Those were speedy answers and a relief! From the bottom of my heart, Thanks!