HIV Prevention Community

False positive on HIV antibodies

I am 3 months pregnant and had my prenatal bloodwork done recently. The doc called me in this week to tell me that I tested positive for HIV antibodies!! I was tested last summer and it was a negative result. In Sept/Oct, I had the flu vaccination and the Hep B vaccination, could this interfere with the results? I know that my husband nor myself have been exposed to anything!! What are the procedures for testing? Is it the ELISA and then the Western Blot? B/c I was just tested for antibodies in my blood and now the doc ordered HIV/DNA test to be done? Is this the right step to take or a little premature? Please help!
You should have been advised by the tester that by being pregnant you are more abt to obtain a false positive test which is common in pregnant women. You should have been tested twice with the ELISA and then the Western Blot. He should not have ordered a PCR-DNA test.