HIV Prevention Community

First Negative - what does it mean?

Hey, I posted earlier about being exposed to a HIV risk after the condom broke for a few seconds - i understand the unlikelihood of infection, but due to my symptoms i decided to get a test.

Just as a rerun, my symptoms are
i have a weird gum infection and cracks in my tongue
I have lost a significant amount of wieght - i weighed in at 62 Kilo today, as opposed to my 68 before i left for asia 3 months ago
loss of appetite
Chesty cough
slight fluey symptoms

anyways - i reckon that it was about 5/6 weeks ago wehn i was exposed and i got a negative blood test today - what doees that mean for me, what are the stats if anyone can conjure them for me of somebody testing negative now and testing positive later? I know everyone is different, i just need some numbers to ease my pain. I realise also, that this may be a psychological problem as i seem to be obsessing a little to much.

Regards.
Means more than likely your 3 month conclusive test will be the same.
You machine - thanks for the speed.

<3 Teak.