HIV Prevention Community
53k Members

First time receiving anal sex, my partner removed the condom midway

I decided to try bottoming first time last night. I asked my partner if he has any diseases and he showed me an online test result. But it was anonymous so I'm not sure if it's actually his account. I asked him to put on a condom and he did, but half way through i realized he removed it, or it slipped out. He hadn't come yet and he seems like a good guy. But I got freaked out and went to get PEP meds anyway. Should I take them? I heard they can be pretty bad for my health.

Please let me know the real risk here. Thanks.
Did he spunk inside you?
No he didn't come inside me. That I'm sure.
Irregardless of him cumming or not. You had unprotected anal sex. You should test at 4-6 weeks and 13 weeks to confirm your result. If you have PEP prescribed you need to take it within 72 hours of exposure. After you finish it, test at 3 months post exposure to confirm your result.
Ftworthstress is right. You had a risk. However, get an antibody test 3 months AFTER YOUR LAST DOSE OF PEP for a conclusive result. A DUO test at 28 days "post last dose of PEP" ((not later than 28 days)) would also be a good INDICATION.