Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

First week after exposure..

Hi Im F from Singapore.I had sexual encounter on tuesday night 27Oct 2009 with a known sexual active woman..I went for HIV test on 31Oct2009 past the 72 hour timeline. My results are negative! But the doctor urge me to sign up PEP regime. I invested in it $SGD1500...Today is the 7days after exposure. 1st week already..No serious symptoms shown except some micro insect bite(sometimes itchy) 1 or two. I pray to god for my sins doing adultery.Another checkup end of month Nov.I also send out my blood samples and urine for testing. Please enlightened me Dr..
fazly_j***@****
5 Responses
186166 tn?1385259382
exactly what kind of sexual encounter?
Dear friend, pep is not effective taken after 72hrs, why did the doctor suggest pep in the first place? What was your risk? Also the cdc guideline for those on pep is to test at 6weeks,3 months and 6 months, however any negative test is encouraging, also if you are on pep you need to have a complete blood cell count and other blood tests at baseline and at 15days ,check with your doctor.
What was your exposure?
My exposure was having unprotected sex with an unknown woman..
You started PEP to late for it to be effective. 3 months test post your LAST dose of PEP will be conclusive.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.