HIV Prevention Community

For Curiosity's and Sanity's sake

Sorry, I don't mean to sound stupid, but I have been sick for a month now (btw I went to the doctor found out I was just acting stupid) I was wondering how the HIV test worked? I've read that the test cannot tell if you have AIDs but if you did have AIDs would the HIV test still come out positive? Or would the disease progressing to that stage have eliminated the anti-bodies? This more a question of curiosity than anything else.
Hi mate,

most HIV tests detects antibodies. Some also detects the antigen and the viral RNA. If HIV virus infection is left untreated, it will progress to AIDS after few years.
once the virus entered the body, antibodies will always be present.