HIV Prevention Community

Going crazy

Hello there,

On the 30th of June and after having drunk way too much I followed a girl I didn't know to the gents in a club. I remember one vaginal penetration, maybe 2 but not three and basically that was it. Unprotected unfortunately. I tested hiv negative after 3.5 weeks and I'm awaiting the result of my 3 months test. I have a few symptoms but I don't know if they are real or if I found them because of too much internet reading.
- I can feel my groin nodes on both sides, 3 on the right 2 on the left, they are as big as a small pea, I don't know if they were there before, but I've been able to feel them for 6 weeks.
- My doctor said that my neck is fine even though I can feel 2 small nodes on the right and 2 on the right.
- I have a lump near my left hip about 2 inches to the right and I can feel it better when lying down or sitting. I need to press fairly hard to feel it.
- I sweat heavily one night last week and then again last night.
- Today my throat hurts.

I am a very anxious person naturally and have been on holiday to south east asia, meaning that for the last 8 weeks I've been taking Lariam. I have suffered from insomnia. Lariam has many other side effects this is why I'm not sure whether I'm experiencing hiv symptoms or anything else.

I'm absolutely panicked and I thank you so much if you can give me your opinion about the hiv infection risk described above.
Heterosexual, 2 penetrations (6 seconds in total maximum), am 35, quite a thin person, first time ever I lose control like this.

Please Please let me know what you think and thank you so much for having a web site like this one.
Overall, this was a fairly low risk situation.  I wouldn't lose my head over it.  99/100 you will be negative.
Indeed a very low risk, I'd say as close to zero as you can get.  Test at 3 months to calm yourself but you can expect a negative result.