A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.4k Members

Going crazy

Hello there,

On the 30th of June and after having drunk way too much I followed a girl I didn't know to the gents in a club. I remember one vaginal penetration, maybe 2 but not three and basically that was it. Unprotected unfortunately. I tested hiv negative after 3.5 weeks and I'm awaiting the result of my 3 months test. I have a few symptoms but I don't know if they are real or if I found them because of too much internet reading.
- I can feel my groin nodes on both sides, 3 on the right 2 on the left, they are as big as a small pea, I don't know if they were there before, but I've been able to feel them for 6 weeks.
- My doctor said that my neck is fine even though I can feel 2 small nodes on the right and 2 on the right.
- I have a lump near my left hip about 2 inches to the right and I can feel it better when lying down or sitting. I need to press fairly hard to feel it.
- I sweat heavily one night last week and then again last night.
- Today my throat hurts.

I am a very anxious person naturally and have been on holiday to south east asia, meaning that for the last 8 weeks I've been taking Lariam. I have suffered from insomnia. Lariam has many other side effects this is why I'm not sure whether I'm experiencing hiv symptoms or anything else.

I'm absolutely panicked and I thank you so much if you can give me your opinion about the hiv infection risk described above.
Heterosexual, 2 penetrations (6 seconds in total maximum), am 35, quite a thin person, first time ever I lose control like this.

Please Please let me know what you think and thank you so much for having a web site like this one.
2 Responses
Overall, this was a fairly low risk situation.  I wouldn't lose my head over it.  99/100 you will be negative.
Indeed a very low risk, I'd say as close to zero as you can get.  Test at 3 months to calm yourself but you can expect a negative result.  
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.