Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.8k Members

Gonorrhea & HIV coninfection

Hi, I'm concerned about receiving oral (insertive) from a coinfected person (HIV, Gonorrhea)..
If it happens that I caught penile gonorrhea from him, would that pose a risk for HIV? because the pus that transmit gonorrhea is full of white cells, which is a host for HIV, then the pus has to enter the penis for a gono transmission, so that HIV?
Thanks in advance
6 Responses
No it would not pose a risk. Oral sex is not a risk.
Thanks Teak, I can understand that the Gonorrhea bacteria  (with the white cells) doesn't carry HIV.. That was my issue, this specific case..
He's HIV+, and I avoid to ask him since I don't want him to feel guilt and he's such a nice person.. Are you sure that I can move on without testing? I was afraid that gonorrhea might carry HIV.. Thank you
Sorry for bothering, but do you really recommend moving on without testing, and leaving this behind with the case explained above? Thank you anyway
480448 tn?1426952138
OH! Nursegirl! Your post is just amazing! Thank you, really! It's really well connected together, all the facts are in, I will print that :)
Tough it's a big relief reading it, this will include the gonorrhea thing?
I think I'm being mean now, but the white cells in presence of gonorrhea would carry the virus, no?

Thank you again
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.