Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.5k Members

HIV - Oral sex

I had oral sex with someone of unknown status. He was precumming and then put his penis in my mouth where I swallowed some of the precum. He may have cum a little more in my mouth - then he came more on my face after. no other sexual acts were performed. I am very nervous if I have HIV as he did cum in my mouth. What is my risk factor level?

Thank you for your responses.
1 Responses
Oral sex is considered to be a very low risk for HIV.

This is because the mouth is a very hostile environment and acts as a barrier against HIV infection by denaturing the virus when it leaves the hosts body.
Proteins in saliva also help to break down HIV and this also inhibits the risk of infection.

You would need to have heavy amounts of cum or precum in the mouth and a gaping wound in order for receptive oral sex to be considered even a low risk.
The only way to know for sure is to test first at 4 weeks with a 4th generation DUO test or else at 6 weeks with a 3rd generation test. And then follow this up at 12 weeks for a conclusive result.

However, I fully expect you to come out of this one okay dude.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.