Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

HIV - Rapid at 39 days

Hi, first of all - excellent forum. Well done.

I had a high risk exposure 8 weeks ago, I got tested at around 39 days ( nearly 6 weeks ). The test the doctor used was a Hexagon rapid test, he drew blood from my arm and the result came back as negative. He told me its near enough to 99% accurate but to come back at 3 months.

I'm just anxious as I have never heard of this HIV test before and I am fearing a positive if I return at 12 weeks. Can someone please shed some light on this... I cannot relax at all
34 Responses
You didn't have an HIV test, you had a malaria test.
It was most definetely a HIV test and was done in one of my citys top HIV clinics. I just need to know how confident I should be going back at 3 months if tested negative at 39 days ?
http://www.malariajournal.com/content/7/1/89
It's not an FDA approved test and is not used in the US.
Can you please refrain from being so rude. I was with a doctor who has studied HIV for 20_ years. Please see below

HEXAGON® HIV 1-2 rapid test, kit of 40 tests.
A rapid affinity immunochromatographic assay (AIA) for the detection of
antibodies to the human immunodeficiency virus

Can someone other than this rude man please assist me please
Excuse me. At no time was I rude to you. You didn't mention and Hexagon HIV test.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.