Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

HIV ARS Rash and Symptoms?

I am concerned about a low risk exposure I had 5 weeks ago with a woman. We had protected sex, however after the encounter I realized I had a small tear on the skin of my penis. I'm afraid some of her juices could have come into contact with it before using the condom.

4 weeks after the exposure, I developed swollen throat glands and went to the doctor. I was diagnosed with strep throat and swollen tonsils, but my throat never hurt. My glands are now going down. Also, I developed a temporary rash on my stomach, which was not raised nor was it dark in color. It lasted about 45 minutes and then disappeared. A week later I experienced the same rash and it disappeared in 20 minutes, does this sound like the ARS rash?

I would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks!
1 Responses
No it does not sound like ARS. At no time were you at risk of contracting HIV.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.