Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.4k Members

HIV EXPOSURE

I had intercourse with an HIV+ person and the condom got stuck inside me. I pulled it out and the semen came out on the bed. I tested 3 months later (June 2007) and the test came back negative. i haven't tested since and now I am scared and having anxiety attacks. I have been feeling lightheadness, tension, nausea, my body feels hot (no fever), ear hurts, left side tonsil hurts, have chills and I even notice my menstration only lasted 3 days last month. I have been tired, exhausated, my apettite has increased and I have headaches almost everyday. I am so stupid, I know you agree. What do you think my chances are of being positive? I sent for a take home hiv test. How trust worthy is that? the one that is like a pregnancy test.

Scared, depressed and stupid
7 Responses
Zero. You had protected sex, even if the condom was lost during withdraw.
But how can you say zero if the condom was inside of me when I got off. I had to fish for the condom and when I pulled it out the semen fell on the bed
255761 tn?1204170272
I am sure Teak is gonna tell you that you had a 12 week conclusive test result that came back NEGATIVE . Thats all that matters 12 week NEGATIVE .. You have nothing to worry about !!!
I work at an agency that does HIV testing and I have heard scenarios where a person was told that they were positive when in fact they were negative and vice versa. This was an ORASURE test. And since I've heard that I have been stressing  and having all these symptoms. I have down pack all the symptoms of HIV .... early, late.. symptoms.

255761 tn?1204170272
I think you are trying to convince yourself you have HIV . I am not trying to be mean .You had a 12  week CONCLUSIVE test result . Which means you dont have it . A lot of us in here have been there its called STRESS/ANXIETY . Dont worry about it ...
with the condom lost inside and me taking it out. Is there any chance the penis could've infected me while it came out?
Still stressing, worried and have been miserable.
No
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.