HIV Maculopapular Rash after 11 weeks

Dear helpers,
Is it possible for an HIV Maculopapular rash non-itchy (back, bit on shoulder, and bit on neck) to appear 11 weeks after exposure.
Please help, thanks.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
No,and what type of exposure so that we can help you better
Helpful - 0
Hi Emma, my risks were low to no risk (Oct10/11, 2011:. 4 protected vaginal, 4 unprotected BJs, and 1 French kiss with CSW different ones) and Nov30/Dec1: 4 protected vaginal, 3 protected BJs, 1 unprotected BJ. I have ulcerative colitis, uncircumsized and was sick during last episode. I explained my symptoms earlier but in summary and specially 15 days after 2nd exposure: very itchy pimples 0.5cm on body (3 on abdomen, 2 on wrist, 1  on foot then followed after 2 days 7-8 same on my tricep + back acne covering half of my back (no skin problems ever before). IN the meantime I had urge to vomit, semi-diarrhea for 1month+ , loss of 2Kg till date, and then within the next 6 weeks or so brown blotches/patches on my back (more than 20 with 1cm+ each), penile tip burn (3 nights), penile top burn (3 nights), Athlete's foot for 3days, blister with white dome eachy on left groin then another after 2 days on right one... recurrent fever of 37.5C roughly per day and over 1 week (30 minutes each), lack of proper sleep, night sweats for 2 weeks, wet cought for 1 week followed by dry cough for 2 weeks... WBC was down after one month from 8.2 (usual for 3 years) to 6.43 after second episode, Eosinophils was 7.4 high. Platelet: every month decreasing from 240 - to 210 - to 190 - and last week 177.... mouth thrush almost continuous but somehow normal in Ulcerative Colitis...... and today I saw another type of rash on my back: looks a bit like acne, bit larger, not itchy, around 15 pimples, red, 3 or 4 of them have a small dome. then on my neck I have around 4 smaller pimples with no dome and on my shoulder one. face, small stress-like rash... I did PCR/Antibody and will be out in 1 week (11 weeks following last exposure). Q1: your answer of Maculopapular still the same?? My ARS could be related somehow especially when I read about brown blotches on other websites, abdomen pimples, acne and HIV, High eosinophil and HIV, lowered WBC by 30% and HIV, decreasing platelet and HIV??? What would be your assessment, what are the odds I contracted it??? please i do need some hope before I crack down since 7-8 days is a very long period. Thanks.
Helpful - 0
You never had an exposure and have been advised of it.
Helpful - 0
Sorry Teak but the moment I feel at ease awaiting the test result after 8 days roughly, something new occurs. Just one question (though low to no risk), do you also agree that the maculopapular rash of HIV cannot occur at 11 weeks post exposure cos I think it is almost the same type which occurred to me on my back and bit of neck and right shoulder. Besides, I am having diarrhea today and feel I'm starting to have fever. Thanks Teak and sorry for being in a state of Paranoia.
Helpful - 0
My answers aren't going to change you never had an exposure and your rash has nothing to do with HIV.
Helpful - 0
Dear Teak,
Thanks and I think I should trust your judgment as a relief till I get the result. Take care and Godspeed Teak.
Regards,
R.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community