HIV Prevention Community

HIV Negative 10 1/2 weeks

Hi all,

My possible exposure was during the first week of July. After waiting about 4 weeks I had an Oraquick test and the result was negative. I then proceeded to have the Oraquick tests again on the 7th, 8th, and 9th week after exposure, and the results were negative as well.

When I went to see my doctor 10 1/2 weeks after the possible exposure to get another Oraquick test done, she stated that because it was longer than 2 months, even though the conclusive date for rapid testing is 13 weeks, 10 1/2 weeks will be conclusive as well. After I had my test done it was also negative.

Does this mean that I am finally rid of my anxiety and do not have HIV? Should I have trusted my doctor about what she said? And should I get tested again just to make sure?
A negative test 12 weeks after your last exposure is fully conclusive. Stay safe