HIV Prevention Community

HIV POSITIVE

A lot of fellas might go back on the anxiety roller coaster after the post by HelpMe_21. I have begun to re-think about symptoms, and beginning to have doubts about my 11 weeks and 12 weeks test.

I have previously posted a question and am posting it here again and hope will get answers.

Regardless of low risk scenario or high risk scenario. If a person is indeed infected with HIV, and gets tested at the 12 weeks mark (84 days), using Immuno Chemistry method which detects antibodies and antigen for both HIV1 and HIV2:

1) Will the results be negative if he is having ARS symptoms? For example, he gets ARS around the 6 weeks post exposure and symptoms stayed on untill the 12 weeks mark.

2) NO ARS symptoms showed up. Can the test still pickup the HIV antibodies/antigen, whatever?

3) Must one test outside the 12 weeks, let's say 85 days onwards?

4) Gastricitis/indigestion an ARS symptom?

I wish we have more details on Help 21's case, such as whether she was a stage 3 cancer, IV drug user etc. Whatever it is, I am really sorry for her, wishing her all the best.

But if she is faking it, I hope she would come forward and clear this up.

thanks guys.

You don't have ARS symptoms if you have them at all at 12 weeks.
Antigens can only be picked up the first three weeks of infection and disappear when antibodies start multiplying. At 12 you will detect antibodies.
The US states 13, weeks all other countries say 12 weeks no since splitting hair over a week.
Again as you've been told HIV has NO specific symptoms.
I just want to know what test was used to confirm her results. She's not positive until she has a confirmed test result.