HIV Prevention Community

HIV Rash question: Please help

Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.

What is the kind of HIV rash, how long does it last and where does it generaaly appear? Is a rash isolated or one can have multiple rashes.

I have had a rash on my arm, waistline, very lower back, below my eye, my elbow, my hand, and now on my upper arm. They didn't appear together. But appeared in the order I described over a period of 3 weeks. Most of them are very itchy. I read on the internet that an HIV rash is maculopapular. The last one on my upper arm appeared last night.
Most of them are flat bumps, similar to hives and when they are about to disappear, I can see a small kind of pimple at the center.

Really concerned here, I also had sore throat almost 3-4 weeks back, got OK in between after taking medicine and it has returned.

But yeah, any answers for rashes will be of great help.
you have been advised that you were never at risk.

if you are having health concern...see your doctor...it's NOT hiv related.
You have never had a risk for HIV in any of the instances you described.  See a dermatologist if you are concerned about a skin condition.
Dear Lizzie,

My intention is never to overpost here. But I understand your reply, just one last question. Do HIV rashes occur  the way I described in phases for 3 weeks appearing one after another.
NO
many thanks