A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.4k Members

HIV Rash

Could you please answer a few questions I have regarding HIV Rash -

1. Will it reoccur or will it only appear once when HIV is first infected?

2. Does it look more like a rash or spots?

3. Does it itch?

4. Where is it most likely to occur on the body?

5. What does it look like?

6. Will it come on its own or with any other symptoms?

I had unprotected anal sex with another man about a year and a half ago and I am worried.

Also I have started to feel unwell within myself and havepins and needles in my arms and legs could this be HIV related.

I would appreciate if you could answer my questions I have an appointment with my doctor on Friday.

Thanks
5 Responses
1. It would occur during the ARS symptom period (2-4 weeks after infection) and last 1-2 weeks.
2. I believe rash
3. No
4. Not 100% sure
5. Google it
6. Most likely with other symptoms.

Whatever is going on now has no relation to HIV. Test now to know your status.
So the rash would not appear every week to 2 weeks after possible infection up to a year after exposure?

Also how would you be feeling around a year after exposure within yourself if anything - tired? unwell? sick? etc

Thanks
No it would not.

You would feel fine.
So just to clarify HIV rash is only going to appear 2-4 weeks after possible exposure and will probably occur with another symptom around this time and it wont re appear? Also after this time you will probably not have any other symptoms and feel normal for many years?

Last post
Correct on both.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.