HIV Prevention Community

HIV Rash

Could you please answer a few questions I have regarding HIV Rash -

1. Will it reoccur or will it only appear once when HIV is first infected?

2. Does it look more like a rash or spots?

3. Does it itch?

4. Where is it most likely to occur on the body?

5. What does it look like?

6. Will it come on its own or with any other symptoms?

I had unprotected anal sex with another man about a year and a half ago and I am worried.

Also I have started to feel unwell within myself and havepins and needles in my arms and legs could this be HIV related.

I would appreciate if you could answer my questions I have an appointment with my doctor on Friday.

1. It would occur during the ARS symptom period (2-4 weeks after infection) and last 1-2 weeks.
2. I believe rash
3. No
4. Not 100% sure
5. Google it
6. Most likely with other symptoms.

Whatever is going on now has no relation to HIV. Test now to know your status.
So the rash would not appear every week to 2 weeks after possible infection up to a year after exposure?

Also how would you be feeling around a year after exposure within yourself if anything - tired? unwell? sick? etc

No it would not.

You would feel fine.
So just to clarify HIV rash is only going to appear 2-4 weeks after possible exposure and will probably occur with another symptom around this time and it wont re appear? Also after this time you will probably not have any other symptoms and feel normal for many years?

Last post
Correct on both.