Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

HIV Risk

10 days ago I got drunk and let a man give me oral sex.  I also gave him oral sex briefly before realizing what I was doing and stopping.  Neither one of us ejaculated in either mouths.   What is the risk in my situation?  I have been reading about the symptoms,  and 4 days after this happened I developed flu like symptoms(extreme fatigue, headaches, low grade fever 99.5, sore throat.)  I went to the doctor shortly after and was prescribed Clindamycin 300 mg, 3 times a day for 10 days to clear up a throat infection.   I just took the last of my antibiotic last night. I am still feeling a bit fatigued.  And get headaches,  but mostly when I think about the mistake I made.  The sore throat is gone.I guess my other question would be if this antibiotic would have been enough to clear any other STD that I was at risk of?  Thanks in advance.
15 Responses
I made a mistake on first post.  It's been 17 days since my exposure.
You didn't have a risk.
Thanks for your response Teak.  I forgot to mention in my post that the oral sex was unprotected.   Would that have made a huge difference in my risk?
NO...
Thanks Teak. =)
I hate to keep beating at this, but I just remembered something else about the incident.  I had shaved my groin and testicles about 30 minutes before this all happened.  I am going to go get tested for the other STD's that I was at risk of getting this saturday,  and wanted to make sure that HIV test would not be necessary.  Thanks in advance Teak.  
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.