HIV Scare from Blade

Hi , I went to a Parlour for a haircut and sat on a stool as the chairs were all busy. I put my elbow on a side table but as soon as I removed my hand I noticed a used blade there. There was a small cut on my elbow from the blade. Am I at risk , assuming the blade was open and already used ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You had no risk so an HIV test would be a waste of time. If people got Hiv from barber shops then no one would go there or let their kids go there, and they would be shut down.
HIV is instantly inactivated in air and also in saliva which means it is effectively dead so it can't infect from touching, external rubbing or oral activities. It doesn't matter if you and they were actively bleeding or had cuts at the time either because the HIV is effectively dead.  
Only 3 adult risks are the following:
1. unprotected penetrating vaginal with a penis
2. unprotected penetrating anal sex with a penis
3. sharing needles that you inject with. Knowing these 3 are all you need to know to protect yourself against HIV. The situation you describe is a long way from any of these 3.
Even with blood, lactation, cuts, rashes, burns, etc the air or the saliva does not allow inactivated virus to infect from touching, external rubbing or oral activities. Doctors have calculated the risk from what you describe to be less than that of being hit by a meteor, therefore no one will get HIV from what you did in the next 40 years of your life either. The above HIV science is 40 years old and very well established, so no detail that you can add to your encounter will change it from zero risk.
Helpful - 0
Even with presence of Blood on the Razor ? Fresh Blood a deep cut ?
why are you trying to make up scenarios that didn't happen?  first it was small cut, now deep, ASSUMING fresh blood was even on it in the first place. as you've been told,  no risk,  and also as you have been told "The above HIV science is 40 years old and very well established, so no detail that you can add to your encounter will change it from zero risk."
Has such an occurance documented before ?
Is it possible to get affected this way ?
please stop trying to rephrase your original question, you've been answered and provided all the information you need to know about how you could get HIV.
Why do you think that there is fresh blood?
Wont blood dry?
No documentation
Helpful - 0
Air inactivates the virus.  It could be covered in blood and it would not infect you.  The ways that adults get HIV were stated completely by anxiousnomore.  Unprotected vaginal or anal sex, or sharing IV drug needles.  You had no risk.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community