HIV Prevention Community
53k Members

HIV Symptoms and risk of exposure

I just wanted to ask a question. And it may be a bit of an odd question. But I have recently been diagnosed with Seborrheic Dermatitis and have been getting alot of anxiety as it is HIV related. If anyone can please comment if Seborrheic Dermatitis is a common skin disease or if it is predominately related to HIV?

I just had a few questions to see if my possible exposures could be related to HIV?

Possible exposure 1:

Protected sex with 10+ women? (Just wanted to ask what the chances are of getting HIV?

Possible exposure 2:

Sharing bank notes (money) whilst using cocaine? I am a quiet heavy cocaine user, NEVER injected? (Are there any chances of getting HIV this way, that have been recorded as I have not been able to find a case study on the internet that reflects this?

Possible exposure 3:

Getting a haircut where the razor blade was not changed and my neck was cut during the haircut? It was in New York where I had the haircut, and the haircut would have been at least 7 minutes after the person before me had there neck shaved with the razor. Would like to no what the likelyhood of getting HIV this way.

Exposure 4:

I have been having electrolysis since August 2009? Is this a risk? as the places I have gone to appear to be quiet clean.

Any help would be so, so much appreciated. I have had a HIV test in the past which came up negative and I am just worried that the Seborrheic Dermatitis is HIV related,  all my exposures are listed above and any help would be much appreciated?

1. "Protected sex with 10+ women?"- PROTECTED = no risk.

2. http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/Sharing-cocaine-snorting-note-and-HIV/show/288791

3. No risk.

4. No risk.

It is not know what causes SD, but visit this link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seborrhoeic_dermatitis) it will help you understand more about SD.

For number 1 are you sure those 10 women are +?

Number 2. No risk

If you are worried get tested, for peace of mind.
At no time were you at risk of contracting HIV.
Hi all,

Thanks alot for your replies it means alot. Ans Ana just to clarify I meant 10 plus women not 10 positive women. Thanks again everyone
What about if you finger a girl and you have cuts with scabs on your hands? Can vaginal fluid transmit hiv when it comes into contact with scabs on the hands?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Practically, no scope of the viral transmission.
Hi mike,

Sorry for starting another thread but what your saying is there is really no chance of transmission this way?

Have you ever heard of someone receiving it this way?

COMMUNITY LEADER
Not me or any one has ever heard of contracting the virus in the above said fashion. Told you before, you are fretting on a non existence situation.

You are fine, please seek counseling and move on.
Thankyou for your response much appreciated