Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.4k Members

HIV Symptoms

Hello I'll just straight to the point my post and ask some questions regarding HIV symptoms.

1) When a person starts to exhibit symptoms of a possible HIV infection do the symptoms ever go away?
2) Has there ever been a link between HIV and esinophilic colitis?
3) If hot flashes during sleep used to happen sparingly and now they happen almost daily can that be a sign of infection?
4) How accurate is the oral rapid HIV test given it has been years since last possible exposure?

I know these questions may sound far fetched but if someone can please answer them they would greatly lower my stress level regarding the situation.

Thank You
3 Responses
Thank you for questions 1 and 4, sorry I can't help you, but I have the same questions that you do. Also, when you say oral rapid are you referring to the oral fluid test? Thanks.
the ones that are just an oral swab i think they take a half our to turn up results
1) Yes
2) Not that I know of
3) No
4) Conclusive...it is conclusive at 3 months, so anything after is also conclusive
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.