Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.8k Members

HIV Symptoms.

I have had unprotected anal sex with a men. We both went and get tested before we decided to get unprotected. At that stage- his result came back negative. So was mine. This man was the last person I have had unprotected anal sex with. There was NO more sexual history after that.

Fast forward to 4 years, I have had NO classical HIV related symptoms until about last year I developed a severe case of tonsilitists. My sister had it first and a couple of days later- I developed severe sore throat, high fever, night sweat and a severely swollen tonsils. Can tonsilitists spread through air??

I was prescribed antibiotics- Augmentin Duo Forte to be precise and I developed a severe case of thrush, white ulcers like at the back of my throat. ( I have had this symptom before I met this men, many years ago-so I wasn't worried about the thrush, I thought I had an allergic reaction.) The doctors worried that I might have glandular fever and I was ask to go for a blood test(however I did not ask to be tested for HIV- too scared!) . Meanwhile, the doctor changed to another antibiotics and the thrush and tonsilitists disappear a couple of days later.

The bloodworks came back and the doctor said I do NOT have glandular fever, in fact everything is clear.

This result was taken 2-3 years after I have had unprotected sex with this man.

If I have HIV (even sero-conversion stage), will any abnormally shown up on my blood works- even if I did not ask for a HIV test? Since that incident last year, I have NOT had any tonsilitist or any flu like symptoms whatsover.

I think it's touching 5 years now, am I on a safe zone?Am I worrying myself silly?
1 Responses
186166 tn?1385262982
you want to know your status?  you take a test designed to detect hiv.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.