HIV Prevention Community

HIV Symptoms.

I have had unprotected anal sex with a men. We both went and get tested before we decided to get unprotected. At that stage- his result came back negative. So was mine. This man was the last person I have had unprotected anal sex with. There was NO more sexual history after that.

Fast forward to 4 years, I have had NO classical HIV related symptoms until about last year I developed a severe case of tonsilitists. My sister had it first and a couple of days later- I developed severe sore throat, high fever, night sweat and a severely swollen tonsils. Can tonsilitists spread through air??

I was prescribed antibiotics- Augmentin Duo Forte to be precise and I developed a severe case of thrush, white ulcers like at the back of my throat. ( I have had this symptom before I met this men, many years ago-so I wasn't worried about the thrush, I thought I had an allergic reaction.) The doctors worried that I might have glandular fever and I was ask to go for a blood test(however I did not ask to be tested for HIV- too scared!) . Meanwhile, the doctor changed to another antibiotics and the thrush and tonsilitists disappear a couple of days later.

The bloodworks came back and the doctor said I do NOT have glandular fever, in fact everything is clear.

This result was taken 2-3 years after I have had unprotected sex with this man.

If I have HIV (even sero-conversion stage), will any abnormally shown up on my blood works- even if I did not ask for a HIV test? Since that incident last year, I have NOT had any tonsilitist or any flu like symptoms whatsover.

I think it's touching 5 years now, am I on a safe zone?Am I worrying myself silly?
you want to know your status?  you take a test designed to detect hiv.