HIV Prevention Community

HIV TEST RESULT

I was tested for STD's including HIV, through my doctor, not a free clinic, in the state of New York.  My doctor told me the test results would be available in four days, set an appointment for me to see him in four weeks, and sent me to the lab for testing.  I requested this test as a routine test, I've no reason to believe I've been exposed to anything.  I was informed HIV test results can't be revealed over the phone in NY.  Eight days later, I'd received no call from the doctor's office, so I called.  I was told all test results where in, and they'd see me on my scheduled appointment.  Can I assume, with all result reported, if I was positive for HIV, they would've asked me to come in earlier then my scheduled appointment?  Thanks
I don't know the answer but I think you should be able to get the results sooner (over the phone) if you don't want to wait for them.
I have gotten all of mine over the phone
also in my opinion I would think if your were positive they would ask you to come in sooner to get you to a specialist...not three weeks after your results (my opinion)