HIV Prevention Community

HIV TEST (combo ag/ab) conclusive?

I had a sexual encounter with a woman (protected) only once and started getting paranoid about HIV as I did not check the condom for breakage or tear afterwards.
I tested negative in the Duo Combo p24/ ab test at 2,4 and 6 weeks.
Was I ever at risk?
Are the test results conclusive at 6 weeks, regardless of whether the condom broke or not?
Should I stop testing and move on?

BTW  the woman also tested twice after the encounter (second gen rapid test) and turned out negative. .
COMMUNITY LEADER
You had protected sex and the protection did not fail, so your risk never existed, and you do not need any test.

In a risk scenario, 4th generation Duo test is conclusive at 6 weeks. Your test will.always come back Negative because you were never exposed.
Thank you so much for the information.
I was really getting worried.
And further to that, if there were vaginal fluid on my hand in a very little amount and i put on the protection like that, is there a possibility that I might bring it in contact and get exposed? Or that is a myth?
However that you clarified the test results are conclusive I just want this doubt cleared.
Looking forward to your good reply.
You had no risk of HIV and are so safe that you didn't need to test. You might as well have tested to see if she made you pregnant.
HIV is instantly inactivated in air and also in saliva which means it is effectively dead so it can't infect from touching or oral activities. It doesn't matter if you and they were actively bleeding or had cuts at the time either because the HIV is effectively dead.  
Only adult risks are unprotected penetrating vaginal or anal sex or sharing needles that you inject with but you didn't do that so you had no risk. This sentence is all you need to know to protect yourself against HIV.
Even with blood, lactation, cuts, rashes, burns, etc the air or the saliva does not allow inactivated virus to infect from touching or oral activities. The above HIV science is 40 years old and very well established so nothing you can add will make your situation a risk.
No one got HIV from touching activities in 40 years of HIV history, so likely no one will in the next 40 years of your life either.
Thanks you so much for that information.
And oh since I am a paranoid person, you’re right I should get myself tested for pregnancy too (writing this with a smile on my face).
Thanks again, for the help. God bless.
As rightly said by AnxiousNoMore, your risk remains non-existent. HIV can not permeate through intact skin, therefore any contact of the body fluids with your hands does not move your risk from zero even by an iota