HIV Prevention Community

HIV TESTING

I got divorced in 2011.  I have made some very poor choices since then.  I am a 32 year old female.  I was told that hiv can lie dormant for 5 to 10 years without showing up on a test.  My most recent unprotected intercourse was 4 weeks ago.  6 days after that encounter I got the flu.  I went to the doctor and she did a flu test and said she wasn't sure if it was positive or not.  I am very concerned.  Can hiv lie dormant for years without a person knowing?  When do I need to test?  Do flu symptoms happen that soon after exposure?  I had body aches, fever of 99.5, cough, fatigue.  
Whoever told you this is lying, any test after 8 weeks is conclusive.
At this time you can go to take a P24 antigen test and a hiv 1 & 2 antibody test. If both came negative you are free from HIV and the result is conclusive.
Your doc is less educated about HIV infection and diagonsis
Vance the guidelines have been changed from 3 months?? It is now conclusive after 8 weeks?
Is it true Vance you said a said is now conclusive after 8 weeks?