HIV Prevention Community

HIV Test

Posting it for second time, did mistake in the first post:

I got ECLIA 4th gen DUO test HIV-1/2, just wanted to know as I got the result on the same day should it be considered as a rapid test? Lab says that it is Standard Screening test, so Standard tests giving results in one day considered accurate? Sorry to be more specific.

COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes it is reliable and accurate. In my country, results of  an ELISA fourth generation test for HIV are available the very same day. Specimen taken in the morning and the results are ready by the evening
Thanks glad to hear from you as I was also from Pakistan :) I got test results from Aga Khan. So diver58 is this test considered as rapid or standard lab test?
what was the price for duo test at agha khan hospital?
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.